CARE & CLEANING
DURASEIN® Solid Surface is resistant to heat, stains, and scratching. However, it is not heat, stain or scratch proof. Routine care and maintenance will keep DURASEIN® looking new and as great as the day that it was installed.
- Cleaning with soapy water or ammonia-based cleansers will remove most dirt and stains.
- Stubborn stains can be removed with bleach or bleach-based cleansers or non-abrasive cleansers.
- Do not use harsh chemicals.
- The surface can be damaged by harsh substances, including chemicals such as paint thinner, mineral spirits, acetone or acetone based nail polish remover.
PREVENT HEAT DAMAGE
- As with all countertop materials, it is important to minimize direct heat exposure.
- High temperatures can damage the surface.
- To prevent damage always use hot pads or trivets under frying pans, hot pots or heat-generating appliances (see below)
TO REMOVE MINOR SCRATCHES
Gently rub entire surface with a green Scotch-Brite™ pad in a circular motion. Follow by scrubbing with a white Scotch-Brite™ pad and a non-abrasive cleanser. Use a countertop cleaner designed for solid surfaces to restore gloss.
Note: Dark colors tend to require more attention than lighter colors.
For severe scratches, consult your local DURASEIN® dealer, distributor or fabricator.
Due to their composition and strict manufacturing standards, DURASEIN® products are naturally heat resistant, but they are not indestructible. It is important to minimize direct heat exposure from appliances to protect your surface and investment.
We recommend the following precautions to maintain your countertop and investment:
- Do not place pans from the burner or oven directly on your countertops. Prolonged or extreme heat can cause discoloring and the thermal stress may cause cracking.
- Use heat trivets or hot pads when placing hot objects on any surface. Be sure these trivets or pads are designed to protect surfaces from heat. Towels or other cloths are NOT effective insulators.
- Use a trivet under portable heat generating appliances such as a toaster ovens, electric fry pans and similar devices.
- Allow cookware to cool before placing it into a DURASEIN® sink or on a DURASEIN® countertop.